- At X=1 we get a slighty more expensive Banishing Light, which was playable.
- At X=2 we get a 6 mana 2-for-1. At X=3, an 8 mana 3-for-1.
- Theros block and its enchantment theme are on the way out, so Quarantine Field will catch a lot less incidental enchantment hate.
- This card is very good in Commander, where access to large amounts of mana is much more likey, and the versatility will be most useful.
- This style of enchantment only semi-permanently exiles the threat; any form of enchantment removal quickly brings them back to play.
- Dromoka’s Command is still a very good card, despite the rotating enchantment themed block that made it truly dominant for awhile.
- 4-mana, single-target removal spells rarely find a home in Standard. Utter End is a better card when cast for 4, and it doesn’t see play either.
- It’s not likely to be cast for more than X=2 in competitive constructed environments.
- The double white mana cost limits use to decks that are strongly based in the color.
The card is currently pre-selling for around $5 per copy. Given I see this card most likely finding a home in a control deck (and control decks tend to be weak at the beginning of the new format) there will likely be time for this card’s price to come down. I do want a copy for a Commander deck, but I feel like this is probably more like a $1.50-$2 card and not a $5 card. I’ll wait to get my copy and I suggest you do the same.