Have you ever wanted to write for your favorite Magic: The Gathering website? Quiet Speculation is now accepting article submissions from freelance writers!
Here are the details:
- We pay a flat rate of $25 for freelance submissions that are approved and published on the website.
- No compensation is provided for articles that are not published on the website (you remain free to publish unaccepted work elsewhere).
- Article submission guidelines:
- Successful submissions will be related to Magic: The Gathering, be interesting to read, make compelling and well-constructed arguments, and will be constructed using proper English.
- Quiet Speculation has traditionally featured finance-focused content aimed at helping the average player optimize the money they have allocated to Magic. We want to encourage these kinds of submissions, but if you have something non-traditional that you think would be really great for the site, please feel free to pitch your idea.
- Submissions should be between 1000 and 1500 words.
- If accepted for publication, your submission will be edited with corrections and other light copyediting.
- Reasons a submission might not be accepted for publication include (but are not limited to):
- Not consistent with the tone, goals, or readership of the site.
- Poor construction, grammar, punctuation, and other language problems.
- Reliance on arguments that lack evidence or are easily disproven.
- How to submit an article:
- Sign up for an account here. This will allow us to give you a byline for the article; without an account, we can only publish you under a generic catch-all account.
- Webform or email submission?
- Want to write more often?
- We are eager to publish writers who want to write on a regular basis! Consider your first submission an interview of sorts – we'd be thrilled if a freelance submission turned into a weekly column.