The QS Cast has returned: Chaz Volpe, and Tarkan Dospil continue on with where the cast left off and in this episode they discuss the following:
- Esteemed guest Damon Morris, co-owner of Card Kingdom joins the cast! Want to buy or sell cards? www.cardkingdom.com is the place to do that.
- CK - how they started, and their growth into one of the largest vendors in the space.
- CK's operational structure - Policies and procedures, card grading, etc.
- Discussion about being a large vendor in current market. Is it becoming more difficult? Online vs large LGS business?
- Large vendors hosting events and their own tournaments (CFB, SCG primarily). Is this something CK has ever considered, or is considering for the future? Why or why not?
- "MTGFinance" What is Damon's perspective on this niche market of speculating on magic, and magic as an overall investment vehicle.
- WOTC shifts in how they're handling the product recently. Aggressive reprint policy, increased amount of product releases - what does that look like from the vendor perspective?
- Is WOTC in danger of threatening the secondary market?
- With WOTC's product shifts, is CK having to revise their business model in any way, or is it business as usual?
- Damon's recommendation to bootstrap investors approach "MTGFinance" in the current marketplace.
- Is Magic thriving? From Damon's perspective, and from CK's lens.
- Interests with Damon!
- Aether Revolt talk.
Cards we discussed:
As always, please comment and leave questions for us to address on the next cast! We will be making QS Insider questions a priority, and we want to know what you want covered.
Enjoy! We’re glad to be back.