The time to Ascend into Darkness is upon us!
Dark Ascension spoilers are about to be on us in full force, and I’m sure the full set will be nearly as awesome as Innistrad was. Regardless of your opinion on double-faced cards, there’s no denying how popular the set has been.
And here we’ve dug up some spoilers by way of the blog MTG-Realm. Here’s the link to the original post with inspiration from the salient parts that are posted below.
It seems that a Japanese site has posted the below image of the goodies from Dark Ascension, and we can glean some knowledge from this picture.
Let’s start with the picture that we have the best view of. These are the Dark Ascension Intro Packs, and you can make out the mana symbols in the top left of each box, giving us a hint of what’s inside.
From this image, it seems that we can expect the following color combinations:
Based on Innistrad, we can make a few educated guesses at the contents of each pack:
- It’s likely the White/Red deck will represent the human contingent of the denizens of Innistrad and probably some spirits to go along with them, in the vein of Dearly Departed.
- Blue/Green is likely to look something like the UG Mill Yourself decks that Innistrad draft has given us. These decks have made a splash in Block Constructed and I’ve seen a few trotted out at FNM. More cards that work with Splinterfright, Boneyard Wurm and Kessig Cagebreakers are probably on the way out of this pack.
- We can only assume that Red/Green will bring more Werewolves, since those are the two Wolf colors. Exactly what the next evolution in double-faced Werewolves might look like is another story entirely.
- Black/White is where I suspect the Vampires and/or Zombies will be coming from, though I’m not sure exactly how White fits into that. Maybe more cards a-la Cloistered Youth // Unholy Fiend?
- Blue/White is the Spirit color. It will be interesting to see what direction these go in the next set.
While all of this is blatant speculation, we have some solid clues from Innistrad to draw from and I’m reasonably confident we're not too far off the mark here.
And one other note that we can draw on from the promotion poster: If you haven’t guessed it already, it’s pretty clear that Sorin is back. I expect his Vengeance will play a major role in the set.
And don't forget about Faithless Looting.
What do you guys think? What do you think we can expect from Dark Ascension?
@Chosler88 on Twitter